Thursday, June 9, 2011

MAQ Guild Library Book Challenge

It's pieced! On Sunday evening, May 29th, I laid the blocks on the floor, then rearranged a few and walked away. On Monday, I started sewing the blocks into rows and the rows into double rows, then the double rows together, finally finishing it on Wednesday, June 1st.

Next I cut, washed, and sewed the backing together. It's a green leafy print. Then I finally figured out that my backing was not going to be long enough! Oh, what to do, what to do! I ended up piecing some of the 6" squares into a row, opening up the seam and inserting the row of squares. On Sunday I sent it off to a long-armer to be basted. I guess that means it will be the next quilt on my list to get hand quilted.

 I'm pleased with the quilt. I love the way the black motifs stand out but more than that I like the way the softer colored motifs slowly make themselves known. It was a fun challenge.

Oh, and before you say anything I will tell you that the picture was taken before I did all the sewing an yes, I did catch the blocks that were turned the wrong way.

Have a good day!  Jo

1 comment: