My current hand quilting project is from the past. It's from about 10 or so years ago. Then I was is a group called the Needle Nuts and we decided to exchange blocks found in the book Nickel Quilts by Pat Speth & Charlene Thode.
I haven't a clue how many blocks we traded each month or for how long we traded blocks. We just did! During the winter I decided to dig out the blocks and put them together into a top. Then sent it out to the local long-arm lady and she quilted a grid thru each block. That's my way to baste a quilt together, and it doesn't hurt my back at all. (You are suppose to chuckle to yourself now.)
First thing I did was quilt two rows across the middle of the quilt, then two rows down the center. Now that the quilt is divided into 4 parts I am quilting each section. I can now brag that I have two sections done and am working on the third one.
Yeah, I know this is way more info than you wanted to know but I just had to explain. Now for the pictures.
The blocks finish 4-1/2 inches. My quilt is 12 blocks wide and 19 blocks long. Good gosh, do you realize that's 228 blocks!
I'm doing the "Big Stitch" hand quilting in a neutral color of thread on the prints, nothing on the light triangles. Except (yeah, I had to make an exception) I have quilted the entire star shape on three bright purple blocks. I love those!
It will be interesting to see how far along I am by next Sunday.