Great news on the hand quilting saga for the granddaughters quilts.
I now have all the stars quilted in the outer border on both quilts. I love getting to that "next stage" on a project. Next goal is to hand quilt around their initials that I've put in a corner of the outside border, then I will quilt around the outside edge before I put the binding on.
Before we go any farther, I will confirm that the color in these pictures is pretty messed up.
Yeah, your right. Last week I told you that the 1st border was pink. It still is pink. Don't ask me why it turned out orange, nor why the outer border is such a dark blue. Must have something to do with all the cold rainy weather we have been having in Iowa. I even turned the furnace on for a bit this morning.
And I also got one more flower sewn on the hexagon top.
And last, and probably least, I finished up sewing the rest of the small squares on the lst corner of the tan squares. With a little more determination on my part, I am hoping to sew the rest of the navy square on the 2nd corner this week. Guess it shows that I would rather hand quilt than machine sew.
With that said. Check back next week and see how I'm coming along.