Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday, June 8, 2013

And so you're wondering what I have gotten done in the two weeks since my last blog. Probably, your thinking, that it was lots, well that's not the case, unfortunately.

First I will apologize for the photo's. The computer turned the
 first two upside down and I can't figure out how to get the them back the right way.
And why the third one is correct is beyond me.

I was lucky enough to get two hexagon flowers sew onto the quilt. These are the new ones.

The blocks for the outside border of the mystery quilt are still in approximately the same stage as they were two weeks ago. I did get the small squares sew on the 2nd corner but they are not trimmed nor pressed yet.


The granddaughters quilts are all quilted, outside edge included. The binding strips are cut and sitting by the sewing machine so I can sew them together. What happened is another project got put "front and center" so the little girls quilts were put on a "back burner" for now.

Oh, and I know your are eager to see what the project is, right?

Well, my daughter Andra has decided that I need to put up a new "totally finished" quilt in the shop so she has designed, pieced, and hand quilted the centers of 10 blocks with those tiny little stitches of hers. Then she handed it over to me to Big Stitch in the framing that goes around each block. And the center block and border. Right now I am working on the framing strips.


And, as the cartoon at the movies used to say, "That's all folks!"
     Jo             

1 comment:

  1. Every little bit helps! It sounds like you got a lot done to me! As for the photos, no clue as to how they would be turned upside down. I know how to rotate them on my computer, but couldn't tell you on yours.

    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete