Sunday, October 31, 2010

My large hexagon quilt #2

I DID IT!
Yes, my second large hexagon quilt is now completely pieced.  Also, I will add, the quilt has been nicely folded and put away in a box awaiting the year 2012 when (hopefully) it will be brought out and quilted.

For those who might be wondering about how long it took me, I think it was started in the year 2005. It is made with the 1" hexagon, using approx 3,564 of them.

Since it is so big, it was very hard trying to figure out where to photograph it. Finally, I just laid it on the bed.
Corner view

End of bed view (our bedroom is very small. This was as far back as I could get. :-)


Close-up.

When I think of a traditional Grandmothers Flower Garden quilt I usually think of each flower surrounded in white. So you ask, why didn't I put my flowers totally surrounded in white? Because I figured that was just too many white hexagons to baste. I think I got by with a lot less. Then again, maybe I didn't. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Would love to see it quilted, I just finished putting mine together,would love some ideas for quilting. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, hours and hours of work. They look larger than one inch hexies. I may see if i have that much patience some day, lol.

    ReplyDelete