Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Purple & Friends

A finished quilt for you to view. I named it Purple and Friends. Why you ask? Because I couldn't figure out if the second color was pink or coral. No, I am not color blind. Yes, my Grandpa was, in fact they wouldn't let him pick the strawberries because he was always picking all the green ones. Grandma got so mad when he would try to help.

Yes, I do have one son and two grandson that are color blind. No, not in the same family. My understanding is, the women are the carriers but it's the guys that get it.

Back to the quilt. I pieced the quilt approximately 15 years ago. Then it just hung in the closet and got dusty. This must truly be my year to finish up. This is the 3rd quilt in 2011 to get finished from something old.
62" x 85"

close-up of quilting motifs



2 comments:

  1. How pretty! The light seems to shine through like a stained glass window. I wonder if I ever will open some of the old projects I have in various states of beginning. Right now I have too many new things driving me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, it is lovely! And you know I don't work with purple often, but I really like this one. Like Lorinda, I'd hate to look everywhere for unfinished projects. I have a LOT of tops that need to be quilted and I should do those before starting anything else!

    ReplyDelete