Sunday, March 28, 2010

What I'm doing with my Fossil Fern leftovers



If you know me, you know my love for the Fossil Fern Collection from Benartex. Since I use it so much I am getting quite a collection of scraps. Combine that with a need to take a project on vacation in January and the beginning of a new quilt was born. As you can see, the block is a simple four-patch with framing. The quilting pattern is a stencil (circa 1850) that I sell here in the shop.

Dig this, I machine baste the blocks so I can hand quilt them. So far I have nine (9) blocks pieced and quilted. After laying out the blocks for the picture I am getting the "itch" to start sewing them together and quilt the framing strips. How big will this quilt be when done? I have no clue. I guess whenever I run out of scraps or I get tired of making the blocks.









1 comment:

  1. Hey Mom, your blog looks great. Very nice job! Love all the colors!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete